May 21, 2010
It's been a long journey building this rifle but it is finally finished. In case you missed it the full documentation of the build from start to finish can be found here: 2 Bore Page 1 .
- Caliber: 2 Bore (1.325" groove diameter)
- Action: Left hand Jones Rotary Underlever w/Back action hammer lock and extractor
- Barrel: 28" long (1:48 twist) w/ Quarterrib and ramped front sight base.
- Weight: 22 Pounds 3 Ounces w/ 3-13ounce mercury recoil reducers
- Length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heel and style of stock were all built to the customers specification.
- Stock: Sugar Maple w/ ebony forearm tip, stained to customers specifications, oil finished, and carnuba waxed.
- Checkering: 20 Line Per Inch Semi-flattop, borderless.
- Finish: Action, Underlever, Triggerguard, Grip Cap, Back action lock, Off-side plate, and escheutons are Color Case Hardened, the monoblock and barrel are rust blued, the screws are nitre blued.
- Recoil Pad: Pachmayr Decelerator
- Sights: Rear - NECG Multi-leaf Express Sight, Front - Stolzer and Son's Partial Silver Caterpillar.
- Cartridges: S&H 2 Bore Black powder express 3.5" 700gr FFg, Jeff Tanner Custom Ball Mould, 1.325" 3500gr, Arsenal Primers.
- The Rotary Underlever acts to the right, at the request of the Customer, all other functions are left handed.
- Engraving is a custom pattern by Stolzer and Son's in traditional broad acanthus leaves.
" I just wanted to thank you again for building that magnificent 2 bore cartridge rifle. Even though the build was documented in detail on the website, it was still amazing to see the actual rifle. The rifle is a perfect fit, a testimonial to the fact that the spec. chart sent to clients prior to a build works very well. The rifle is basically a work of art that shoots. The color casing is right up there with Doug Turnbull’s work and the finish and checkering on the stock is flawless, and the beautiful rust blue on the barrel is super nice. In my 60 plus years, I have never been more impressed with a rifle. The lines are very graceful, even by 2 bore standards. Building this rifle was quite an accomplishment for your shop, and very few gun makers would have even attempted such a project. The S & H brass cases are also a top notch product, a bargain for the money. Thanks again." Rick, FL u.S.A. 8-5-2010
This rifle is also featured in the May 2011 issue of Guns and Ammo Magazine, Craig Boddington's Gun Notes Pages 30, 32 and 33.